Thursday, March 25, 2010

Getting Ready For The Rise

Mayfly Dun Patterns


This current lull period that we are in at the moment where the trout haven't got going yet has really got me daydreaming about things to come.

Mid May last year on the River Edw


I'm fortunate to work with someone with as great a passion for fly fishing as myself and most days deep discussions are had debating the forthcoming season and the expectation it brings.

We know that realistically we are still a few weeks from any serious chance of catching more than just one or two river brownies on the dry fly...so the anticipation got me sat down at the tying bench knocking up a couple of patterns that should be useful in the next couple of months or so.

Stewart spiders


Midge pattern using a technique demonstrated to me
recently where the hackle is wound around the tying
thread before laying down on the fly